Firefighters battle house fire in Waterloo, Illinois

Data pix.

WATERLOO, IL - Firefighters battled a house fire in Waterloo on Tuesday night at a home near Bohleysville Road. The homeowner told Fox 2/News 11 he believes the fire started in the chimney. He said he stopped the fire in the fireplace but then heard a loud roar and when he looked outside he noticed flames coming from the chimney.

Firefighters were hauling in water from a nearby pond and battling extreme cold temperatures. The homeowner said he believes the house might be a total loss. Nobody was injured in the fire and he said all of his dogs and cats were also rescued.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.