Violence continues overnight in St. Louis: 10 Shot, 1 Killed in 24 Hours

Getty Images

ST. LOUIS – It’s been a violent 24 hours in St. Louis with at least 10 people shot; at one of those victims died.

The first shooting happened just before 2 a.m. on Page and Newstead.

Then around 12:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon a man in his 40’s was shot in the abdomen on Darby Street in north St. Louis. He went to a friend’s house in St. Louis County for help. He is in critical condition.

A short time later at 1:00 p.m., officers responded to a shooting on Maffit Avenue at Union. The man was shot in the head was taken to the nearby hospital for treatment.

A woman in her 30’s was shot in the thigh just after 4:15 p.m. on South Compton. Police have not released her condition at this time.

Police were also called to Penrose Street in south St.Louis for a reported shooting around 6:15 p.m. When police arrived, they found a 26-year-old man shot in the leg.

Then about an hour later around 7:45 p.m. officers were called to Peabody Court in south St. Louis.  There they found a 21-year-old man was shot in his backside.

A short time later, officers found a man shot to death around 9:45 p.m. on Enright Avenue at North Taylor Avenue in north St. Louis.

At 10:30 p.m. officers responded to Morrison Avenue at South 9th Street in South Street.  A 15-year-old boy was shot in the back and was taken to the hospital.

Then at 11:30 p.m. officers responded to the hospital for a report of a walk-in shooting victim. Police say a 17-year-old showed up at the hospital with a gunshot.  We are told the shooting happened on Hamilton Avenue near Selber Court in north St. Louis.

Homicide detectives are asking anyone with information to contact them at (314) 231-1212 or contact Crimestoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.