Space heater caused early morning fire in Richmond Heights

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RICHMOND HEIGHTS, Mo. – A space heater is to blame for starting an early morning house fire in Richmond Heights.

The fire started just after 2:30 a.m.  Thursday morning at a home on Collins Avenue near Dale Avenue.

Fire crews say the fire started in the basement damage was limited to that area.

No one was injured.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.