ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)- Dallas, Baton Rouge, Minnesota, Orlando, Baltimore, Paris…where does it stop? It's hard to keep children shielded from these traumatic events, but there are things parents can do to help navigate young minds through these troubled times.
Early childhood expert Steve Zwolak, Mr. Z, of the LUME Institute, joined us to talk about how can parents help their kids with this feel secure and safe.
- Hear and observe what children are saying or are not saying.
- Turn off the television and radio. Limit and supervise any other screen time.
- Be sensitive about adult conversation when children are around.
- Build family unity and values.
- Be intentional about family time, play board games, draw, and build.
Website: LUME Institute