ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)- Happy Independence Day weekend! Here’s our list of weekend event ideas for you and your family.
36th Annual Fair Saint Louis
Date: Saturday-Monday, July 2-4 Venue: Art Hill, Forest Park
Festival opens each day at 1:00pm Admission: Free
This Independence Day Celebration offers local and national entertainment, family entertainment and other. Saturday & Sunday fireworks are at 10pm, Monday fireworks are at 9:30pm.
Full schedule of events and entertainment: http://www.fairsaintlouis.org/events/
134th Annual Veiled Prophet Parade
Date: Saturday, July 2 Venue: Downtown St. Louis
St. Louis Cardinals Baseball
Date: Friday-Monday, July 1-4 Venue: Busch Stadium, Downtown St. Louis
Vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Friday: 7:15pm , Saturday: 1:15pm, Sunday: 1:15pm
Vs: Pittsburgh Pirates
Date: Friday-Monday, July 1-4 Venue: Frontier Park, St. Charles, MO
A four day celebration including a parade, live music, carnival, food & craft vendors, and fireworks along the banks of the Missouri River. Fireworks are Sunday and Monday at 9:20pm. Parade is Monday at 10:00am.
O’Fallon Heritage and Freedom Festival
Date: Saturday-Monday, July 2-4 Venue: Ozzie Smith Sports Complex, O’Fallon, MO
July 2: 2-10pm – Family Day
July 3: 2p-11p – Country Music Night
July 4: Noon-10pm – Rock ‘n Roll Night
Fireworks Sunday and Monday!
Webster Groves Community Days
Date: Friday-Monday, July 1-4 Venue: Memorial Park, Webster Groves, MO
One day just isn’t enough to celebrate Independence Day in Webster Groves. Community Days is a four-day celebration featuring a carnival, BBQ, parade and fireworks.
July 1: 5p-11p, July 2: Noon-11pm, July 3: 2pm-10:00pm; July 4: 11am-10:00pm
Fireworks: Sunday & Monday: 9:30pm – Parade: Monday: 10am
Patriots in the Park
Date: Friday-Monday, July 1-4 Venue: Wilson Park, Granite City, Illinois
This Granite City Park District’s celebration includes carnival rides, concerts, carriage rides, food, and entertainment. Fireworks at 9:15 pm on the 4th at the Coolidge Middle School Grounds.
National Tom Sawyer Days
Date: Friday-Monday, July 1-4 Venue: Hannibal Historic District, Hannibal, MO
Experience the history of Hannibal through the eyes of Mark Twain. Activities include frog jumping, mud volleyball, Tom and Becky Contest, parade, Tomboy Sawyer Contest, and more. Highlights include National Fence Painting Contest and a huge fireworks display launched from the banks of the Mississippi River on the evening of the Fourth.
Mark Twain Lake Rodeo
Date: Friday & Saturday, July 1-2 Venue: Warren G. See South Spillway, Route J, Ralls County, MO
Time: Rodeo events begin at 8pm Tickets at $15 at the gate
Popular attractions at this annual award-winning rodeo include charging bulls, bucking broncos, clowns, and refreshments. A fireworks display caps the final night.
Other area fireworks displays and celebrations:
Friday: July 1
- JB Blast – Jefferson Barracks Park, South St. Louis County
Saturday: July 2
- “Red, White and You” – Lions Park, Eureka, MO
Eurkea won Destination America and USA TODAY’s fourth annual Red, White and You contest and gets this great party. Great food, a Kids Zone including inflatable tee ball, petting zoo, & more, live music from That 80’s Band; and a dazzling fireworks display.
- Fireworks in Grafton – Riverfront, Grafton, IL
Time: Fireworks at 9pm, Food and fun before.
- Independence Day Celebration – American Legion – Golf Course, State Rt. 157, Edwardsville, IL
Festivities starts at 2pm, Fireworks show begins at dusk.
- Carlyle Lake Fireworks Spectacular
Fireworks at Dusk at Point One at Carlyle Lake
Sunday: July 3
- Fireworks on the Mississippi – Liberty Bank Alton Amphitheater, Alton, IL
Fun start at 6p, Fireworks at 9:15pm
Monday: July 4
- Chesterfield 4th of July Fireworks – Chesterfield Mall, Chesterfield, MO
- Fourth of July Celebration,- Bluebird Park, Ellisville, MO
Live Music: 7-10:30p, Independence Day Ceremony: 8p, Fireworks: 9:30p
- Kirkwood, MO Freedom Festival & Fireworks – Kirkwood Park, West Adams & Geyer Road
Fanfare at 7pm, Fireworks at dusk
- Arnold July 4th Celebration- City Park, Arnold, MO
5p: Celebration begins, 7p: Live music, 9:15p Fireworks
- Ferguson Family Fun Festival- January Wabash Park, Ferguson, MO
Parade: 10am, Festival: Noon, Fireworks: 9:15pm
- Fireworks in Hazelwood – White Birch Park, Hazlewood, MO
Fireworks at dusk
- Fourth of July Fireworks – James J. Eagan Civic Center, Florissant Valley Park, Florissant, MO
Festivities begin with an outdoor concert at 7:30 p.m. Fireworks will start after the concert at dusk.
- Liberty Fest – Progress Park, Wentzville, MO
Parade at 10am down Pearce Boulevard. After the parade, enjoy the free festival at Progress Park! Fireworks show at 9:05pm.
- Freedom Celebration Ste. Genevieve, MO
Noon: Traditional celebration on the Courthouse Stairs Evening: Live music and fireworks in Pere Marquette Park
- Fourth of July Fireworks – Fairgrounds, Washington, MO
- Troy Rotary Fireworks – Lincoln County Fairgrounds, Troy, MO
- Liberty Bell Of The West Celebration – Kaskaskia, Illinois
Annual celebration at the site of the Liberty Bell of the West, which was rung when Rogers Clark and his Long Knives captured Kaskaskia on July 4, 1778. A ceremony starts at 12:30 with speakers and the French Colonial Marines from nearby Fort de Chartres.
- Independence Day Celebration – American Legion, Columbia, Illinois
Breakfast at Legion Hall at 9am; Grounds open at 11am, Fireworks begin at dusk.
- Godfrey Family Fun Fest, : Glazebrook Park, Godfrey, IL
Bike parade and contest for kids at 5, Fireworks at 9:15pm.
- Fourth of July Fireworks – Glik Park, 12525 Sportsman Road, Highland, IL
- Salute to Freedom – Mt. Vernon Outland Airport , Mount Vernon, IL
Time: 5pm-9pm Great food and music, awesome fireworks show
- 4th of July Parade and Celebration – Fairview Park, Centralia, IL
Veteran’s Parade at 10am Monday. 4th of July Celebration runs July 1-4, 5-11pm with fireworks.