Melanie Moon shares her favorite Thanksgiving turkey recipe
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – We all have our favorite way to make the turkey on Thanksgiving. KPLR 11’s Melanie Moon shared hers. She likes Martha Stewart’s, “Perfect Turkey.” Check out the recipe here:
Perfect turkey (borrowed from Martha Stewart)
- Put a bottle of dry white wine and 3 sticks of unsalted butter in a pot and let simmer.
- Soak a large piece of cheesecloth in the mixture.
- After you washed, stuffed and seasoned your turkey cover it with cheese cloth (make sure breast side up and wings tucked under).
- The cheese cloth should cover the breast and part of the leg area.
- Place turkey, legs first, in oven and baste the cheese cloth and exposed areas with the wine mixture with a pastry brush (or bulb baster) every 30 minutes.
- An hour or hour and a half before the bird is done cooking take off the cheese cloth and baste the turkey again with the pan juices and return it to oven.
- Use instant read thermometer and when it reads 165 degrees, the turkey is done.
It will be the juiciest turkey ever!!