ST. LOUIS (KPLR) - Chi Sushi owner Jae Yoon and Chef Tom Viduka visit Fox 2 News to discuss the edible art form, share a couple of recipes, as well as these tips to enjoy your sushi.
- Chopsticks are not necessary! Sushi originated as a street food, and it`s still acceptable to eat it with your fingers if you prefer.
- Don’t nibble. Sushi chefs carefully choose the proportions of fish, rice, and wasabi in each piece – you can eat it in one bite. That is why sushi is so popular at parties and events.
- Don’t put pickled ginger on your sushi. Instead, use it to cleanse your palate by eating bites of ginger to prepare your taste buds for what’s next.
- Use wasabi wisely. Smear it directly onto the fish or roll. Don’t dilute wasabi’s kick by mixing it into your soy sauce.
- To appreciate the flavors of each type of fish, start with mild, light-colored varieties before progressing to fattier, bolder-tasting dark fish.
Peach Breeze Tea
Steep jasmine tea in 10oz of hot water for 20 minutes
Then chill in refrigerator for 1 hour
Fill cocktail shaker with ice and pour:
10oz jasmine tea
1oz peach syrup
Shake vigorously for 15 seconds
Pour chilled tea into 16oz glass
Garnish with lemon and enjoy!
Mix following in blender for the dressing:
3oz extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1tbsp chopped ginger
4oz chopped white/yellow onion
4oz chopped carrot
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
For the salad, use chopped lettuce and spring mix,
Add cucumber slices, carrots strips, and avocado slices