Men, dogs escape Granite City house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

MADISON COUNTY, IL (KPLR)- A house fire near Granite City, IL has left three men out of their home along with their pets.  The fire happened at a home on Robert Avenue, just off of Rt. 203.

Three roommates were sleeping when the fire started. Fire officials believe that one of the men left something cooking on the stove and that led to the fire. The kitchen is destroyed and flames spread to other areas of the house.

Thankfully, the men woke up and were able to get themselves and their dogs out of the home.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.