MAPLEWOOD, MO (KPLR) - The first Tim Hortons Cafe and Bake Shop will open in Maplewood tomorrow morning at 6am. It's located at Big Bend and Manchester and will be the first of the popular Canadian chain to open west of the Mississippi. FOX2's Mandy Murphey was invited inside today to get a look at last minute preparations. There are more than 4,500 Tim Hortons locations in Canada and the United States. The exclusive St. Louis developer Show Me Hospitality will open 40 Tim Horton's locations in the St. Louis area in the next five years. The St. Louis chain plans to compete with Panera and Starbucks by offering quick coffee, fresh food and pasteries 24 hours a day at a competitive price point. They are known for the coffee but plan to expand their lunch menu with the opening of the Maplewood store. The ribbon cutting is at 10 Tuesday morning.
Tim Hortons expects to do 1 and a half million dollars annually.
Tim Hortons Café & Bake Shop Fun Facts
- Tim Hortons is 50 years fresh. First restaurant opened in 1964
- Each year, Tim Hortons serves 2 billion cups of coffee
- Only 3 people in the world know the exact blend and roast of Tim’s coffee
- Our coffee masters taste test more than 75,000 cups per year to ensure our high quality
- Our coffee plants produce the equivalent of 2200 pots of coffee every minute
- Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shops offer 63 types of donuts and 35 varieties of Timbits
- Tim Hortons Children’s Foundation has sent more than 200,000 disadvantaged kids to our six camps across North America
- The Maplewood Tim Hortons employs about 50 team members year round
- You can get your Tim Hortons “fix” 24 hours a day, every day in Maplewood