Loop trolley construction to start Monday
UNIVERSITY CITY, MO (KPLR) – On Monday construction is slated to start on the installation of the Delmar Trolley. The construction will be done in two phases, with the first phase being the installation of a roundabout at Trinity and Delmar Boulevard at the Lions Gates in University City.
The roundabout will be part of beautification of the entrance to the Delmar Loop, and increase safety and improve traffic flow.
It’s expected for the construction to take 12 weeks for both phases.
- Delmar Blvd – Installation of traffic control devices, and demolition of the north side of the existing temporary roundabout.
- Westbound Delmar Blvd. traffic from Sgt. Mike King Dr. to west of Trinity will be redirected south of the temporary roundabout; two-way traffic will be maintained.
- Parking for University City Hall will be via Sgt. Mike King Dr., just east of City Hall.
- Pedestrian crosswalk at Delmar and Sgt. Mike King Dr. will be closed during construction. Pedestrians can cross Delmar using the crosswalk on the west side of Kingsland Ave.
- Trinity Ave. north of Delmar will be closed to traffic.