ST. LOUIS – After living in Italy, Katie Lee Collier returned to the St. Louis-area with her husband to open a restaurant dedicated to creating artisan pizzas and homemade pastas.
Collier visits Fox 2 News in the Morning to cook one of her signature dishes – Fiori Arrabiata. She also talks about her restaurant’s monthly charity event, ‘Giveback Tuesdays,’ which take place on the fourth Tuesday of every month. One hundred percent of all profits that day are donated to a local charity.
Recipe for Fiori Arrabiata:
1 serving of Fiori Pasta from Katie`s Pizza & Pasta Osteria
1 cup San Marzano Marinara Sauce
2 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
Handful of fresh Arugula
Teaspoon Chili Flakes
Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Shave Parmigiano for Garnish
– Cook the pasta in salty water for 4 minutes
– Sweat the chili flakes in olive oil.
– Add marinara to sautee pan
– Add mascarpone and mix into sauce until smooth and creamy
– Add Fiori noodles and a tablespoon of starchy pasta water to sauce.
– Finish with fresh arugula & butter and cook 1 more minute.
– Garnish with shaved parmigiano cheese & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
– Use San Marzano tomatoes for marinara sauce
– Make sure pasta water is salty like the sea. I like to use kosher salt
– Don’t overcook your fresh pasta. (Four minutes or al dente)
– Always finish your pasta with extra virgin Italian olive oil to create depth in your flavor profile.