The fire destroyed Christmas presents and birthday presents. One of her son’s was supposed to be celebrating his birthday Thursday. Jessica said the fire started when she dropped a candle on the bed. “I had presents on the bed for my son, so he could have a birthday,” she said. “The fire just went so fast.”
Jessica and her children didn’t even have a chance to grab proper clothing from their home.
Thankfully, the American Red Cross gave them blankets and Florissant firefighters brought them inside the fire station. The Red Cross has also secured a hotel room for the family.
Donations can be dropped off at the Florissant Valley Fire Station. 661 St. Ferdinand.
The 2-year-old boy wears size 3T in clothes and 9 in shoes. The 5-year-old boy, who is celebrating his birthday, wears 5T in clothes and 11 in shoes. The 6-year-old girl wears size 8T in clothes and 3 in shoes. The 10-year-old girl wears size 10 in clothes and size 6 in shoes. The 12-year-old girl wears size 12 in clothes and 8 in women’s shoes.
The family is also accepting monetary donations. Click on the following link to help: Hopson Family Miracle