Police: Man died from accidental overdose before house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WORDEN, IL (KPLR)– A man found dead inside a house that burned in Worden, Illinois the day after Christmas died from an accidental overdose.

The Madison County Coroner says Robert Blote-Vogel had lethal levels of morphine and benzodiazepines in his system.

The coroner says he died before the fire.

There’s no indication that the fire was intentionally set but he says Blote-Vogel was a known cigarette smoker.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.