BARNHART, MO (KPLR)-- Several dozen kids on a church trip were overcome by heat Thursday afternoon.
About 50 to 60 kids were headed home to their Imperial Church when their charter bus lost its air conditioning.
People on the bus began to overheat, so the bus stopped at the Walgreens at Highway M and Catlin Road for the students to get medical treatment at a Walgreens clinic.
Paramedics were on the scene helping the Walgreens staff.
One teenager went to the hospital; six others were treated for heat exhaustion.
A cooling station was set up in the parking lot.
Parents picked the children up at the Walgreens.