Fire destroys family business in Madison, Il.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MADISON, Il. (KTVI) - A family watches fire destroy their business overnight.

Granite City Firefighters rushed to the building on Madison Avenue at 14th Street just after midnight Tuesday.  Crews from Long Lake and Mitchell also responded.  But, the business was charred.

Firefighters told us the family -- who sells pet-food products -- knew the business was destroyed.  But, they are grateful no one has been hurt.

Crews worked for hours to put out hot spots.  There was no immediate word on any cause.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.