Buildings evacuated in Troy, MO due to gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TROY, MO (KPLR)-Two buildings were evacuated Monday afternoon in Troy, MO due to a natural gas leak. The Lincoln County Fire Protection District cleared people from a Kroger store and the Mennemeyer building on on Troy Square, just off Highway 47, around 2:45pm.

Ameren MO crews shut off the gas and electric to the area. Ameren provides gas service in this area along with electric.

The Mennemeyer building re-opened later in the afternoon.  Crews are still working to restore power to the Kroger store.

Residents are asked to avoid the area.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.