(KPLR) - Everyone knows about Black Friday. But how about Green Friday . . . or any other day of the week for that matter?
If you’ve got outdoors lovers on your holiday gift list, you can find great, economical gift ideas any day at the MDC Natureshop. The Conservation Department has a number of great gifts to help your friends and family discover nature and help you avoid the crowds. Dan Zarlenga talks with John Fuller about the latest items from the MDC Nature Shop.
Q. What is the MDC Nature Shop?
- Website to purchase Conservation Department Products
- Also available at many MDC sites like Powder Valley, Busch Wildlife Office, etc.
- Many items less than $10
Q. What kinds of products do you offer?
- Products that help people discover, learn about and appreciate nature
- Field guides
- Lots of gifts under $10
Q. You have some new products for 2012. Tellus about those.
- 2014 Natural Events Calendars ($7)
- The Paddler’s Guide to Missouri book ($8)
- The Promise Continues book ($15)
Q. What are some of the mostpopular items that are available?
- Cooking Wild In Missouri
- Missouri’s Wild Mushrooms Book
- Discover Missouri Natural Areas
- Fiddles and Forests CD
- Tried and True: Missouri Native Plants for Your Yard
- Voices of the Hills CD
- Show Me Herpsand Insectsbooks
Q. You mention 15% discounts are available. How do you get that?
- Get a Conservation Heritage Card for $2—good for 15% discount on all product purchases.
- Good for life
Also makes getting hunting and fishing permits easier