Warming Centers for the Metro St. Louis Area
Closings: Schools, churches, day-cares and businesses

Shain Gandee’s Cause Of Death Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANAWHA COUNTY, WV –  Shain Gandee, one of the stars of the MTV reality show “Buckwild,” and two other people died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the sheriff’s office in Kanawha County, West Virginia, said Tuesday.

The deaths, discovered Monday, were labeled as accidental, according to preliminary findings from an autopsy report.

Gandee, 21, was found dead in a vehicle along with his uncle, David Dwight Gandee, 48, and another person, authorities said.

The younger Gandee was one of the nine cast members of “Buckwild.”

The show follows a group of young adults trying to have fun in Sissonville, West Virginia, pulling stunts like turning a dump truck into a swimming pool or just riding around the woods on their all-terrain vehicles. Gandee was billed as a former high school prom king who had done “every job from coal mining to being a garbage man.”

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.