(KTVI)-Chocolate is certainly a big part of most Easter celebrations. Here are some interesting facts about the sweeter side of Easter.
- Americans are expected to spend $17.2 billion on Easter this year which comes out to $145.13 per Easter celebrating American.
- Mars Candy, the world’s largest candy company, sells $16.8 billion of candy throughout the year.
- An Easter favorite, the Peep, is 'born' in just 6 minutes at the Just Born Candy Company
- 88 % of American parents have made an Easter baskets for their kids.
- 76 % of chocolate bunny eaters will go for the ears first, according to a survey by the National Confectioners Association.