Dialysis Center Evacuated For Chemical Spill

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. PETERS, MO (KTVI) – Emergency crews evacuated a DaVita Dialysis center in St. Peters, MO. The building was evacuated as a safety precaution.

According to a Representative from DaVita an employee was, “performing a routine weekly mix of dialysis solutions used in patient treatments. During this process the technician inadvertently inhaled fumes which spurred a coughing fit. While the chemicals used in the solution are in no-way harmful, in an abundance of caution and to protect the well-being of the technician, his co-workers contacted 911 which immediately responded to the call.”

Ambulances have been dispatched to treat patients at the scene. 11 patients have been transferred to the hospital.

A witness at the scene reports seeing 8 emergency vehicles.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.