KPLR offers internships to college juniors and seniors who wish to enhance their knowledge of broadcasting through practical experience. Students are required to receive college credit for their time at the station.
Responsibilities: Interns will be assigned a mentor that will oversee the intern and their internship. This could be an executive producer, assignment desk manager of photographer. Responsibilities will be determined after assessing the interns abilities and will increase as the intern progresses.
- Junior or senior status at a college or university and college credit for participating in the intern program.
- Work at least 20 hours per week
- Interns must dress and act as a professional.
- Will spend some time outside the station, and represent KPLR-TV while on duty.
- Show up for every scheduled shift on time and demonstrate initiative. Assignments will be made on a daily basis, and interns are part of the assignment process. If unable to work on a particular day, a phone call is required in advance.
- In-field experience.
- A chance to learn what a goes on at a TV station.
- Hands-on experience.
- References from KPLR-TV
Other: Intern positions are not paid and MUST receive college credit.
Submit an application to take advantage of a FOX 2 / KPLR 11 internship. Simply download the internship application, complete the form, attach your resume and it mail to:
FOX 2 KPLR-TV
2250 Ball Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63146
Complete this form. We will notify you if you are accepted as a FOX 2 or KPLR 11 intern.