The clock is ticking and if you still need to get your Christmas shopping done, you're in luck, and with Christmas just one day away, shopping plazas and malls are expected to be packed with people picking up last-minute gifts on Christmas Eve.
Kohls in Bridgeton has been open 24 hours, all week. But will close at 6 p.m Sunday
Many shoppers we talked here this morning say they wait until the last day to grab the best deals.
For those shopping at the last minute--you only have Christmas Eve to get it done.
Local stores like Khols have been seeing a steady stream of shoppers and that's keeping retail workers very busy.
According to the National Retail Federation about 7,000 people were surveyed and found 25% are too busy, delayed or restricted with their shopping time.
Of those last-minute shoppers 52% were doing so online.
But gift cards are still in great demand and while last minute shopping is an opportunity for savings, most we spoke with say, they'd rather have the face to face interaction, even with other last-minute shoppers.
The Christmas shopping season is finally winding down Saturday was called "Panic Saturday", the busiest shopping day of the year. Stores opened early and stayed open late to handle all the last-minute gift buyers.
Many stores are open early again Sunday-- but be warned, it will be tough to find a store open after 6 pm on this Christmas Eve.
Department stores that are open late on Christmas Eve
All these stores will be closed on Christmas Day, so make sure you get those last-minute gifts bought during their open hours on Christmas Eve.
- Target: Target will be staying open late on Christmas Eve with locations closing at 10 pm.
- Walmart: Walmart Christmas Eve hours are that they will be closing at 6 pm.
- Kmart: Kmart is staying open extra late for you on Christmas Eve until 10 pm.
- Kohl's: All Kohl's stores will be open until 6 pm on Christmas Eve.
- JCPenney: JCPenney will be open from 7 am to 6 pm on Christmas Eve.
- Macy's: Macy's will be open until 6 pm on Christmas Eve.
- Sears: On Christmas Eve you can shop at Sears from 8 am to 6 pm.
- Dillard's: Dillard's will be open from 8 am to 6 pm on Christmas Eve.
- Big Lots: Big Lots will be open 7 am to 10 pm on Christmas Eve.
Grocery stores that are open late for Christmas Eve
Here are the grocery stores that are open on Christmas Eve so you can get some missing ingredients for your holiday meal or some Christmas Eve snacks.
- Whole Foods: Whole Foods will stay open late for you on Christmas Eve, closing at 7 pm after opening at the regular hour of 7 am.
- Trader Joe's: All Trader Joe's stores will be closing at 6 pm on December 24th.