HILLSDALE, MO (KPLR) – Wednesday 3 children were injured in a house fire in Hillsdale. The blaze happened at a house in the 6500 block on Jesse Jackson Avenue around 9:45 pm.
Firefighters on the scene say 9 people were in the house, all of whom got out safely.
The 3 children, one that is only 2-days old are being treated for smoke inhalation.
A fire chief on the scene said that one of the children alerted an adult that they smell gasoline. That adult tracked the smell to a back-door, opened the door and flames burst through the doorway.
St. Louis County Bomb and Arson has been called to help in the investigation of the fire.