ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – In honor of National Pasta Day, Maggiano’s Little Italy will show viewers how to make delicious pasta at home!
Head Chef Brian Layton has the tricks to making the perfect pasta dish at home! The main thing is to experiment and not be afraid to try something new with your pasta creations. A big mistake many people make when cooking pasta is straining all of the water off of the pasta and making it completely dry.
Maggiano’s Little Italy specializes in pasta meals, but offers many other meals as well!
For more information on Maggiano’s Little Italy, visit www.maggianos.com.
Maggiano’s Rigatoni D
1lb Rigatoni Pasta
½ lb Button Mushrooms
1lb Boneless/skinless Chicken Breast
3 cups heavy cream
½ cup onion diced (yellow)
2 tbsp whole butter (unsalted)
1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1tbsp fresh chopped parsley
3 tbsp grated parmesan
1 tsp minced garlic
2 oz balsamic vinegar
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup Marsala wine
– Season Chicken breasts with Olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs or Italian seasoning
– Place chicken on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350° f (some ovens may vary, always cook poultry to a minimum internal temperature of 165° f)
– Allow chicken to cool and then shred by hand and reserve for later
– In a bowl season mushrooms with 1 oz olive oil, 2 oz balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper
– Transfer mushrooms and remaining liquid in bowl to a baking sheet and roast at 350° f for
12-15 minutes then reserve for later
– In a large sautee pan on medium/high heat add 1 oz olive oil and diced onions. Cook onions
Until lightly golden brown
– Add garlic, and mushrooms (with juices) to pan and sautee for two minutes then deglaze pan
With marsala wine
– Add butter to pan and allow to melt
– Add heavy cream to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by 1/3
– Add basil and parsley and cook for one minute
– Stir in Parmesan chz, then salt and pepper to taste and toss with pasta
– Serve Immediately