Man rescued after being trapped under chimney in Ladue

LADUE, MO (KPLR) - Emergency rescuers scrambled to a neighborhood in Ladue Wednesday morning after receiving calls of a person trapped under a chimney.

The incident occurred around 8 a.m. in the 400 block of S. Price Road, located just south of Ladue Road near the St. Louis Country Club.

Officials said a man operating an excavator was trapped while performing a tear down of a residence. Close to 27 units responded to the scene.

"We quickly arrived on scene. We realize this was a structural collapse and heavy rescue. At the time crews arrived on the scene. We requested heavy rescue and St. Louis County responded. Approximately 70 personnel were on scene to formulate a plan on how to keep all of the personnel safe. As well as get this gentleman safely out of this piece of equipment," said Ladue Fire Chief Steven Lynn. "The approach was safety. Immediate extrication was difficult because we needed to stabilize the structured to be able to remove the individual."

The worker was rescued around 10:36 a.m. There is no word on his injuries at this time.