Gas leak at Ladue High School; students dismissed early

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LADUE, MO (KPLR) – Students at Ladue High School were sent home earlier than expected Wednesday afternoon after a gas leak near the campus.

A construction crew struck a gas line at the high school around 2 p.m. Police, fire, and Laclede Gas were called to the school.

Since school normally dismisses at 2:30 p.m., students were allowed to leave school for the day about 20 minutes early.

Laclede Gas stopped the leak in short order, but all after school activities were cancelled as a precaution.

Ladue High School is located at 1201 Warson Road.