Mr. Sparky was looking to donate its electrical services to one deserving person. Last summer that began getting submissions from throughout the area. They got one essay from a woman who told the story of her mother. A woman, who despite incredible tragedy in her life, continues to help others.
The electricians were busy at work at the home of Jeanine and Dennis Aubuchon installing wired smoke detectors, replacing their electrical panel, and giving them a beautiful new light over their dining room table. The Mr. Sparky company thought it only deserving of this inspiring couple. In 2009 they lost their 19 year old son to cancer.
FOX 2 covered CJ's brave, nearly 2 year battle, with bone cancer. Since his death the Aubuchon's have focused their attention on others. Starting CJ's Journey, a foundation that provides hope and assistance to children, and young adults suffering with cancer.
"We just felt she gives so much back to the community we wanted to give some of our time and services back to them." said Brooke Schoene, President of Mr. Sparky Electric.
"I expected one guy to come over and fix my dinning room light. I opened the door and Brooke is there and then all these trucks and all these guys are coming. I just cried." said Jeanine Aubuchon.
Always staying humble, Jeanine says it doesn't surprise her that her daughter submitted her name for the giveaway. SHE says that her daughter is always doing things like this. Jeanine says she is now ready for a holiday visit from her grandchild.