ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)- Earth Day will be celebrated on Wednesday, April 22. It's a time to remember why it's important to protect our planet by going green. There are thousands of environmentally friendly products to help you in the kitchen whether you vowed to go green in 2015, or are just trying to make a small difference one day at a time.
Lifestyle Expert Malou Perez- Nievera tells us more.
Green Kitchen Products:
1. Cookina is an eco-conscious brand committed to providing environmentally friendly alternatives to wasteful usage of aluminum foil, parchment and wax paper as the products are reusable. The PFOA and PTFE-free COOKINA Grilling Sheet, Cooking Sheet and Oven Gard allow users an easy clean-up for their grills, cookie pans and ovens.
2. Excalibur Dehydrators are a kitchen staple for those passionate about sustainability and the environment. The advanced airflow technology is perfect for dehydrating fruits, vegetables, meats and more, without sacrificing safety or nutrition. The dehydrators are aids in food storage and can effectively help naturally preserve fresh produce without harmful preservatives.
3. Coyuchi`s Shaded Herringbone Kitchen Towels are loomed from pure 100% organic cotton, in a durable herringbone weave, making these towels an essential and earth-friendly addition to the kitchen. Soft and thirsty, the towels` blocks of white and gray balance their colorful yarn-dyed stripes. These towels meet the Global Organic Textile Standard the toughest organic-textile standard in the world.
4. The Omega NC800HDS Juicer can make all-natural nut butters, baby food, soy milk, almond milk and more! This 'masticating-style' juicer has an auger system that forces produce into a tight chamber, grinding and pressing the food to squeeze out the juice, ensuring you get the most value from your produce
5. Zabada is a chemical free, cost efficient and environmentally-friendly micro fiber cleaning product. Unlike traditional cleaning products, Zabada products remove 99% of harmful bacteria just by using water—all you need to do is wet, wipe and dry. Zabada fibers outperform traditional cloths soaked in bleach, anti-bacterial cloths and other microfibers on the market.
6. Carrington Organics Tea is the first-ever 100% recyclable and eco-friendly tea. The packaging will fully and safely biodegrade when composted, as it is made of renewable wood pulp. Comes in three delicious flavors - Herbal, Green Tea Lemon and Chamomile.
For additional information visit skiptomalou.net.