RAYMOND, IL (KTVI) - An explosion injured three scouts at an introduction to scouting meeting Monday evening. The group was mixing chemicals to create a spooky Halloween effect. Then something went wrong.
Scout leaders were mixing boric acid and anti-freeze in a metal fire pit. The goal was to make the flames turn green. An explosion burned three or four people. Three 9-13 year-olds were air-lifted to the hospital. They had burns to their arms and faces. An adult was transported by ambulance to a hospital in Litchfield. No word yet on the adult's condition.