Fire damages 4 apartments in Lake St. Louis

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKE ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – A fire in Lake St. Louis Sunday morning damaged four apartments. The fire started in a fireplace flue in one of the apartments on Cedar Bluff Drive.

Firefighters cut a hole in the roof to put out the fire.

All four apartments suffered water and ceiling damage.

None of the residents were hurt.

One firefighter was injured when he hit his head on the side of a fire truck.

He was taken to the hospital to get checked out.

A resident recently had the flue cleaned and the fireplace was used last night.