Woman looking for tan ‘At The Beach,’ gets fire instead

Tanning Bed Catches Fire

OKLAHOMA CITY – (KFOR-TV) — Imagine, you’re looking for a tan but you get a burn instead.

No, not a sunburn, a fire.

According to Fire Chief Felton Morgan, a woman was inside an “At The Beach” tanning bed when it ignited Wednesday on the 6400 block of N.W. Expressway.

“The tanning bed she was in at the time was destroyed by the blaze,” Morgan said.

Officials said she was not injured but was shaken up.

Oklahoma City Fire Major Tammy Mckinney said the woman told them she heard a loud “pop noise” and saw smoke.

The fire kicked on the sprinkler system and fire crews put out the blaze.

This story was reported first by KFOR.com.

By Dallas Franklin KFOR-TV

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 917 other followers