MILWAUKEE, WI (WITI) – Everything looked normal when a Milwaukee mom squeezed the contents of a juice box into a cup. Suzanne Hogue’s son has autism and he couldn’t tell her that everything was not normal with his drink.
“It took up half of the juice box and at that point it was brown, black, green. I didn’t even know what I was looking at at first. I was so shocked when I opened it up. I had no idea what it was. It was so repulsive and it had an odor,” Suzanne Hogue said.
It really doesn’t matter the brand. Mold can grow anywhere air gets into. The problem is the packaging. A discovery inside the box prompted an investigation by WITI. The television station also has a suggestion for those families who use juice boxes or pouches.
Read the full story from WITI-TV here: Juice boxes filled with…mold?! How you can protect your family