ST. CHARLES COUNTY, MO (KTVI) – St. Charles County will start offering county residents a safe way to recycle dispose of household hazardous waste on May 1st. Residents will be able to drop off waste at the Recycle Works Central location on 60 Triad South Drive in St. Charles from 9 am to 3 pm Tuesday through Friday and on the last Saturday of each month.
Residents will have to pay a $10 fee to dispose of the waste, for up to 50 pounds. After 50 pounds, the fee will be $10, plus an addition charge of $1 per pound over 50 pounds.
To ensure safety and sanitation, please follow these precautions when transporting hazardous waste for collection at Recycle Works Central:
- Make certain that the waste is packed properly and does not mix with other materials.
- Whenever possible, leave materials in their original containers. Items that are not in their original packaging should be labeled clearly with their contents. Mixed waste in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Make certain to attach lids securely.
- Place materials inside a box lined with newspaper. Additionally, filling gaps between containers with crumpled newspaper will help prevent spilling during transport.
- Place the filled box in the trunk of your vehicle while transporting to Recycle Works Central.
- Upon arrival at the facility, please remain inside your vehicle until assisted.
For a list of materials accepted at the facility, please visit the Division of Environmental Health and Protection section at http://health.sccmo.org, and click on the Green Programs tab, or call (636) 949-1800.