Smoke detectors saved Cottleville family

COTTLEVILLE, MO (KTVI)-- A family of five woke up to flames engulfing their home at 2:30 Thursday morning and if the smoke detectors had not gone off they could have been seriously hurt.

A neighbor went to the bathroom and saw flames shooting out of the house next to theirs.

The garage was fully engulfed with flames and the fire was making its way towards the kitchen when one family member woke up to the alarms.

All five family members, a chinchilla and the cat escaped through different exits. The husband went out the back, his wife out the front door, his daughter and her husband out the basement exit after grabbing their 2 and half year old daughter and pets.

The Cummings are planning to rebuild their home and replace their cars. The tangible things can be replaced, their lives however can`t.

That`s why smoke detectors will be the first thing Bob Cummings will install in the new home.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 917 other followers