Grandson: Grandmother trapped in home near gas leak in University City

(KTVI) - A worried grandson came to check on his grandmother in University City following Thursday morning's tornado. But his grandmother is trapped inside her home.

The main break was due to a tree that was uprooted during the storm. The smell of natural gas was reported shortly after a possible tornado hit University city.

Residents in the area were evacuated and put onto a Metro Bus for shelter.

If you smell gas, you should leave the area and call Laclede at 314-342-0800.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 918 other followers