Red Cross releases flood app ahead of National Flood Safety Awareness Week
ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – The American Red Cross has just released a new app the will those in flood prone areas. The new flood app will provide information before, during and after floods to help those affected by floods. The app is available in both English and Spanish and is available for iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones.
Features of the app include:
- One-touch “I’m safe” messaging that allows users to send a message letting family and friends know that they are out of harm’s way
- Preloaded content that gives users instant access to critical action steps, even without mobile connectivity
- Toolkit with flashlight, strobe light and audible alarm to let others know where you are;
- Locations of open Red Cross shelters
- Real-time recovery resources for returning home and cleaning up; and badges users can earn through interactive quizzes and share on social networks.
The app is being released ahead of National Flood Safety Awareness Week that will be observed from March 16th to 22nd.
The Flood App, along with the others, can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross or by going to redcross.org/mobileapps.