Hillsboro's Superintendent Aaron Cornman reports his maintenance staff removed the cleaning agent. Then all parents of students at the building were notified of the problem and given instructions to have students shower for up to 15 minutes. Eight staff members including some teachers sought medical treatment at an urgent care center. They complained of a stinging sensation, red and irritated skin.
Superintendent Cornman said the disinfectant product had been used by his staff for five years without an issue. The custodial staff has been reminded to use caution and to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
The district says it regrets any problems or inconveniences this may have caused.