ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – St. Louis Community College at Forest Park is slated to host a job fair on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 from 11 am to 2 pm in the Student Center Cafeteria. The college is located at 5600 Oakland Avenue, across from Forest Park.
Local companies will be on hand to talk to potential job candidates about full and part-time job openings available.
Job candidate are expected to dress appropriately for the job fair, and to have copies of their resumes with them at the fair.
Here are some tips to follow for the job fair:
- Review the packet given to you at the Job Fair registration table. The information will help you target organizations that interest you.
- Refresh your resume and bring copies. However, some employers may refer you to their online application.
- Come prepared to speak and discuss skill sets with employers.
- Wear professional business attire.
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others while waiting to see an employer.
- Shake hands firmly, smile, and remember to get the recruiter’s business card.
For more information about the fair, call 314-644-9225, or stop by the Career and Employment Services office located in Rooms F330 and F342.