ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The new Mississippi River bridge promises to make the commute easier for drivers.
About 40,000 vehicles are expected to cross this bridge every day, but it’s going to take a while for drivers to get used to the new connection between Missouri and Illinois.
It’s also not helping that IDOT did not remove the signs that say the bridge is still closed on the Illinois side. Some drivers are getting confused and going back to the Poplar Street bridge.
The price tag for the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial bridge was $700 million. The bridge is a welcomed addition to the bridges connecting Illinois and Missouri.
It’s also kind of a tourist attraction, especially for fans of Stan the Man.
Celebrations were held Saturday for the bridge, and the official opening to traffic happened Sunday at noon.
- Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge open to traffic
- Officials cut the ribbon to open the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge completed on time and under budget
- Missouri, Illinois celebrate new Mississippi River bridge completion
- Family: Musial would be proud to have new bridge named in his honor
- I-70 bridge events go on as scheduled despite snow
- New Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge lights up for grand opening
- Take an exclusive tour of the new Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge