Road conditions slushy in the city of St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Wednesday’s winter weather left slush on St. Louis City roads. Streets Director Todd Waeltermann said this was a good thing.
He explained that the ground temperatures were a little warmer than last month’s storm that left behind a foot of snow. So instead of ice, drivers had to face mostly slush. He still urged drivers to leave early for work, and to take it slow during their commute.
For Metro Transit customers, the day started with only a few delayed buses. Metrolink trains and Call-a-Ride vans picked up their customers on time.
Spokesperson Patti Beck also asked customers to leave early for work. She said buses had to leave for their next stops on-time. So, she explained customers who were running late could slip and fall on snow and ice if they were running after a departing bus.
You can follow the snow removal progress in St. Louis City and Metro Transit schedule changes all over the bi-state.
St. Louis City Streets Department:
MoDOT St. Louis:Twitter: @StLouisTraffic
Missouri Phone: 314-231-2345
Illinois Phone: 618-271-2345
Missouri TTY: 314-982-1555
Illinois TTY: 618-875-1200
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir