(KPLR) – “Mr. Z”, Steve Zwolak, is executive director of University City Children's Center and CEO of Lume Institute. He talked with Elliot Weiler about the many dimensions and wonders of play dough. The classic, playful substance can help children express their creativity and learn about shapes, smells, colors and connections.
Here's the simple Playdough recipe from Mr. Z.
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
- food coloring (optional)
- Scent of you or your child's delight - peppermint, flavor jello or just be creative!
- Stir in lots of HUGS