(KPLR) – What happens when kids get great teachers? Their world of possibilities open. In 2014, KPLR in partnership with our friends at Weber Chevrolet, will show our appreciation for the local teachers in our area. We need your help! Tell us about a teacher who has made an impact in your life and once a month, Weber Chevrolet will give a local teacher a package including: $500 to use in their classroom and 2 tickets to The Saint Louis Science Center for every student in their class.
Teachers have many roles as coach, tutor, adviser, guide, mentor, expert, friend and partner to their students and families. We all have teachers who have made a lasting impact in our lives. And, KPLR 11 wants to honor those in the St. Louis Metro Area with our Tools for Teachers program presented by Weber Chevrolet.
Why are we focusing on Teachers?
- Teachers spend $1.5 Billion annually of their own money on school supplies.
- 91% of teachers buy basic school supplies for their classroom
- 67% of teachers buy snacks for their students to help with basic nutrition
- 1 in 3 teachers purchase clothing for students including gloves, hats, shoes, and shoelaces
- 29% of teachers purchase bathroom products for students like toilet paper and toothbrushes
- More than half of teachers have paid for the cost of field trips for children who couldn’t afford them
Tell us who about a teacher you want to appreciate. Let us know why they are a good candidate and they might just get your wish. Each month we will share a story and that story might just be yours.
Tools for Teachers in partnership with Weber Chevrolet – Acknowledging the Amazing Teachers in the St. Louis Metro Area