Family forced out of home after kitchen fire

ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – A north St. Louis family is looking for shelter Sunday night after their home caught fire Sunday morning.

Fire crews responded to the 4800 block of Kossuth, around 10 am, for a fire that started in the homes kitchen. Firefighters say, someone had left food on the stove that caught fire.

Luckily no one was injured, but the home did not have a working smoke alarm.

The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.

City residents who do not have working smoking detectors can simply call the fire department at (314) 533-3406 to have firefighters bring new smoke detectors to their homes and install them free of charge.

 


Related Stories


Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 318 other followers