Helping children meet the challenges of 2014
(KPLR) – As we start the New Year, how can parents help children reflect on the joys and challenges of 2013?
And how they can use the experiences of the past year to help build on and progress to meet the challenges in 2014.
Steve Zwolak, Executive Director of University City Children’s center and of Lume Institute joined Christine on NEWS11 at noon to talk about this process.
The process is similar to what parents do for children as they reach birthday milestones, “now you are 4, what does that mean? How can we help children move forward?
In the developmental sphere, parents need to help children deal, with regressive behavior. They need to regress a bit before they move forward.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir