Highland, IL sign supports Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson
(KTVI) – Supporters of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson are coming to his defense after he was suspended by cable network A+E following a controversial magazine interview.
Robertson told GQ Magazine that sinful behavior can start with homosexuality and morph into things like bestiality. He also described African Americans before the civil rights era as “singing and happy.”
In the St. Louis area, a viewer shared a photo from a neighborhood in Highland, Illinois where one fan said Robertson’s right to free speech had been trumped by political correctness.
Nationally, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are voicing similar support.
RELATED STORIES: Duck Dynasty
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir