Collinsville tax increase failed in 3 to 2 vote
COLLINSVILLE, IL (KTVI)– A tax increase in Collinsville Township has failed in a three to two vote.
Around a hundred people showed up at Tuesday night’s township meeting to find out more about the proposed property tax levy increase.
There has been a lot of back and forth on the issue of raising taxes by as much as four percent.
A 4 percent road and bridge tax increase was recently passed.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir