TSA Pre-Check service now available to passengers
(KTVI) – Would you like to say goodbye to those long security lines at the airport? You can now enroll in the TSA’s pre-check program online.
The pre-check service is already available to frequent flyers and allows you to get through security more quickly.
You can leave your shoes on as well as your belts and light jackets. You can also keep your laptop in its case.
Here’s how it works:
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) and cannot have been convicted of certain crimes. If an applicant has a record of any of the crimes identified in the eligibility requirements, they may choose not to apply, as the application fee is nonrefundable.
- Interested applicants must visit an application center to provide biographic information (name, date of birth, address, etc.), fingerprints and valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. Applicants also have the option to pre-enroll online to provide basic information and make an appointment before visiting an enrollment center.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $85.00.
- After completingenrollment, successful applicants will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) via U.S. mail after approximately 2-3 weeks or may check online after five business days.
- Initially, TSA is only accepting applications at the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) application center, beginning December 4, 2013.
- List of required identity and proof of citizenship/immigration documents
- The Known Traveler Number is valid for five years
- To participate in TSA Pre✓™ enter the KTN in the ‘Known Traveler Field’ when booking travel reservations or enter the KTN in airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.