ST. PETERS, MO (KTVI)-- You can call it fallout from a methamphetamine epidemic. An innocent St. Peters family is displaced from their duplex after a raid on the unit next to the one where they lived.
A drug task force from St. Charles County raided a suspected meth lab on Rainbow Drive in October. Police say charges will not be filed until all the lab work is finished. A spokesperson said that could take another 2-3 weeks.
The problem for Gordon Tomlinson, his fiancé, their grandchild and their dog is they need a place to live. They are staying in a hotel until they can find another place.
Tomlinson was able to grab some of their belongings but was hoping insurance would cover either replacing or cleaning the rest. Experts say fumes from meth can leave behind harmful toxins and can cause respiratory problems.
"I`m not going to say anything bad about the insurance company because they tried as hard as they could for me," said Tomlinson. "It just wasn`t in my policy. I wasn`t covered for that."
Tomlinson saved what items he could but had to throw away the rest.
"I just want people to know to be very careful," said Tomlinson. "Cover yourself because things can change for the worse real quick."