The fight to save a dog named Phineas went too far
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – I’ve met Phineas the dog. I was able to see the dog during the long court battle over its future. Phineas supporters say justice prevailed. A Dent county judge determined the city of Salem could not put Phineas down.
A family was without their dog for more than a year while the legal fight dragged out. A dog bite expert testified about a photo of the injury left by the dog bite. He testified the photo was not from a dog bite. That doesn’t seem fair.
I know there are other cities working on ways to round up dogs deemed vicious. This case shows how those efforts can go too far. Even though Phineas’ family won, they never should have been forced to go through this fight in the first place.
I’m JB and that’s the way it oughta be.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip