Donation prevents Katherine Dunham Museum from closing
EAST ST. LOUIS, IL (KTVI)– Electricity at the historic Katherine Dunham Museum in East St. Louis was about to get shut off.
They needed $486 to keep the power on and security system intact. A generous donor from south St. Louis came to the rescue and sent the museum a check for $500 and now they can keep it open for the next 30 days.
Organizers have a fund raiser scheduled at the Lighthouse in Centerville, IL in December to raise money to help cover operations costs.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire